- Songwriter - "Smoke in the Rain" and "Love Me or Leave" performed by Chad Brownlee
- 2012 Songwriter of the Year "Love Me or Leave Me"
- 2012 Album of the Year "Love Me or Leave Me" by Chad Brownlee (Produced by Mitch Merrett)
- 2012 Single of the Year "Love Me or Leave Me" by Chad Brownlee
- 2011 Album of the Year - Chad Brownlee self titled. (Produced by Mitch Merrett)
- 2010 SOCAN Songwriter of the Year - "Hood of My Car" (Chad Brownlee)
- 2007 SOCAN Songwriter of the Year - "Done You Wrong" (Aaron Pritchett)
- 2006 SOCAN Songwriter of the Year - "Big Wheel" (Aaron Pritchett)
- 2006 SOCAN Songwriter of the Year - "Hold My Beer" (Aaron Pritchett)
- 2006 Guitar Player of the Year
- 2001 Guitar Player of the Year
- SOCAN Songwriter of the Year - "Hold My Beer" (Aaron Pritchett)
- Most Spins in a Year at Country Radio
Based in British Columbia and known for years as the guitar player behind the much awarded Canadian country artist Aaron Pritchett, what most don’t know is how much Mitch has been the stealth manager behind the Pritchett success story. He helped navigate Pritchett out of the bars and into the much more lucrative concert circuit, took care of all the niggling road details, co-produced albums, and co-wrote hits. The much-lauded “Hold My Beer,Ó from the album Big Wheel, won the 2007 Canadian Country Music Association SOCAN Song of the Year award and was nominated for a 2007 Juno Award.
Altogether Merrett has earned two SOCAN Songwriter awards; two CCMA awards as both producer and songwriter; and numerous British Columbia Country Music Association awards, including a pair as guitar player of the year. The business knowledge he’s picked up along the way could fill a textbook: dealing with major labels, negotiating distribution deals, touring, writing, recording and producing. In fact, he does offer a consulting service now on the intricacies of the music business outside teaching guitar.
This is not just another sideman.
And now that he’s out marking his own course these days, Merrett is on the phone and in the air, developing the careers of two amazingly promising new country artists. Chad Brownlee launched a hot music career that has already seen him charting nation-wide, and Hayley McLean is a killer guitar slinger who sings like a country Bonnie Raitt and turns heads every time she gets on stage.
Player, arranger, producer, songwriter, manager – there’s hardly a hat in contemporary music that Mitch Merrett hasn’t worn.